Childbirth Education Plus
This class includes all of the Childbirth Education topics plus:
• Caring for your newborn
• Taking a temperature
• How to know if baby is sick
• Keeping baby safe
Family & Friends Infant CPR
(1 hour class)
Under the guidance of a certified CPR instructor you will receive hands-on training in infant CPR and choking. This class is for parents, grandparents and
care-givers and can be taken before or after the baby arrives. Please note that this is not a CPR certification course. This class is offered once per month on the 8th floor of Bellin Hospital in the Underwood Conference Room.
Baby Care Class
(3 hour class)
Topics include basic baby care, including bathing a newborn, infant nutrition and car seat safety.
Prenatal Breastfeeding Education
(2.5 hour class)
Parents who are considering breastfeeding their baby can prepare by taking this class. Topics include:
• General breastfeeding information
• What to expect the first weeks after your baby is born
• How to breastfeed video
• Breast pump information
• Resources related to breastfeeding
Dads or close friends are encouraged to attend with mom-to-be.
Before the Baby Arrives
Classes focus on preparing you for your labor and birth experience, but are so much more than that!
Class topics include:
• Understanding the labor and birth process
• How to know you are in labor
• Comfort measures for labor, including epidural information
• Caring for yourself after the baby is born
• Sneak peak at parenting
• Introduction to car seat safety
Choose either a 4 week class or accelerated Saturday classes:
• Childbirth Education Class (4 week class) - Cost: $35
• Saturday Childbirth Education Class (Meets two Saturdays from 8:30 am – 12 noon) - Cost: $35
Refresher Childbirth Education (3 hour class)
For the mom-to-be and her birth partner who have already experienced labor and delivery but want a review of labor and delivery information. Topics include:
• Understanding labor and birth
• What’s new in baby care
• Helping big brothers and sisters welcome the new baby
• Review/update of car seat safety
Sibling Class (1 hour class)
For families with children already having a new baby may cause confusion or concern for siblings. This class for parents and children promotes positive feelings about the new baby. In a fun atmosphere, children can talk about and see a real baby and have their questions answered.
After the Baby Arrives
Breastfeeding Bridge Mom/Baby Group
(1 hour class)
Join other moms and their babies “bridge the gap” on the breastfeeding journey. Join us to get a free baby weight check, to have your questions answered by a Lactation Consultant and share experiences and support with other breastfeeding moms. No registration is required and there is no fee to attend. The group meets at 2020 S. Webster, Green Bay on the first Thursday from 6-7pm and on the third Tuesday from 11:00am -noon. All moms and babies are welcome to attend.